Fill Out the Form & Place the Job Title in the Comments Box Below
The Drafter will be responsible for transforming conceptual designs into
construction documents and shop drawings using 2D and 3D computer aided design (AutoCad,
AlphaCam) for client approval, fabrication, construction and installation.
Essential Functions (Other duties as assigned):
• Collaborate with the project, sales, and production teams during the development of all
concepts & fabrication.
• Resolve complex design issues with innovative and practical solutions.
• Consult with the project team on building methods prior to beginning a project
• Attend client meetings and coordination calls as needed.
• Provide material takeoffs for purchasing and production.
• Assemble full submittal packages of all components of the project.
• Value engineer and plan for production by employing innovative building methods and making
intuitive material recommendations.
• Assist in managing client expectations, team communication and consultant coordination,
including but not limited to contractors, fabricators, and regulatory agencies to meet overall
• Uses AutoCAD to engineer, detail and draft product
• Drafts submittal drawings to meet customers’ submittal and project schedule
• Coordinates RFI’s, change orders and requests for work with project managers
Education and Required Skills:
• Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Design or related field required; or a
combination of industry experience and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in AutoCAD millwork
• Working knowledge of custom millwork fabrication
• Advanced computer skills and proficiency in MS Office, including Excel.
• Experience with AlphaCam software a plus
• Experience with Global ERP System
• Attention to detail is a must, must be focused, meticulous and precise with work production and
• Ability to read and interpret drawings/blueprints
• Ability to prioritize tasks according to deadlines and urgency and complete them in a timely and
• Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality
• Adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal
with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
The physical environment requires the employee to work in an office setting with prolonged periods of
sitting at a desk.