Fill Out the Form & Place the Job Title in the Comments Box Below
Edge Bander Operator Job Description
Will be responsible for safely operating equipment to achieve desired production goals. The qualified
individual will be machine savvy and have some working knowledge of edge banding equipment you
would work on one (or several) machines to optimize production. Operators will make sure that the
machines are working safely.
Essential Functions (Other duties as assigned):
• Tends machine that glues PVC banding material to edges of multiple material types and
thicknesses, using machine fed hot melt glue.
• Places and installs the raw materials in the machine.
• Adjusts conveyor and trimming saws to width and thickness of panels to be banded.
• Starts machine and ensures machine is calibrated and run test pieces prior to a production run.
• Regulates speed of belts that convey stock through machine.
• Adjusts glue outfeed as needed.
• Adjusts stop on bander machine to width of stock.
• Adjust end trimmers and buffers wheels as needed.
• May mix glue.
Education and Required Skills:
• High school diploma or GED
• Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
• Ability to use a digital caliper and tape measure.
• Expertise in millwork industry (Preferred, but not Required)
• Knowledge of company policies
• Time management and organizational skills
• Ability to maintain a consistent teamwork mentality
• Computer skills, knowledge of collaboration tools (Preferred, but not Required)
• Comfortable working in a faced paced production environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to noise levels consistent with a mill
work factory environment. Appropriate personal protective equipment will be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position
is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching all day. The
employee must be able to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability
to adjust focus.