Fill Out the Form & Place the Job Title in the Comments Box Below
Finisher/Laminator Job Description
A Finisher is responsible for finishing various materials using the following methods: staining
(wiping/dye stains), applying sealer, sanding sealer, and applying clear coat. A Laminator is responsible
for cutting laminate to appropriate size, prepping substrate, applying glue, applying laminate, and
trimming excess materials if needed using a trim router.
Required to apply prime, stain, seal and spray clear coat to product with the ability to recognize
and maintain quality standards and correct quality issues when presented.
• Spray finish custom woodwork with lacquer-based products.
• Responsible to maintain equipment and cleanliness.
• Maintain a clean area and ensure all waste canisters are labeled properly.
• High School Diploma or GED Required
• Good manual dexterity and an eye for detail and quality
• Must be able to mix lacquer finishes with thinners.
• Must be able to wear respirators for hours at a time.
• Must be able to lift 20-50 lbs. at times.
• Must understand SDS sheets and corrective actions during a spill.
• Must understand how pumps and sprayers work and trouble shoot if needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to noise levels consistent with a mill
work factory environment. Appropriate personal protective equipment will be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is
very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching all day. The
employee must be able to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this
job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to