Fill Out the Form & Place the Job Title in the Comments Box Below
Saw Operator Job Description
Position Summary: This position is primarily responsible for cutting raw materials (sheet goods) on a
CNC Beam Saw for manufacturing.
Essential Functions (Other duties as assigned):
• Observance of all safety rules and policies maintained by the company
• Maintenance of raw material inventory
• Maintenance of saw, saw tables, saw blades, rollers, etc.
• Assurance of secure material handling through safety cross-check
• Assurance of accurate measurements on all cuts
• Assistance in repair work as necessary
Education and Required Skills:
• High school diploma/GED is required
• At least one to three years manufacturing experience.
• Ability to read and compute simple math formulas
• Ability to read a tape measure and convert inches
• Ability to prioritize and easily adapt to changes through the day.
• Able to grain match panels and doors
• Optimization of material used
• Ability to work as a part of a team to achieve the company's overall goals
• Ability to process written communication including, but not limited to, work orders, frame
prints, and measurements
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to noise levels consistent with a mill
work factory environment. Appropriate personal protective equipment will be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position
is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, and crouching all day. The
employee must be able to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability
to adjust focus.